High Quality Hopper Windows Near Newton, Needham, Wellesley
The purpose of hopper windows is primarily functional. They open inward from the top and feature a crank-style handle, similar to those found on casements, at the inside bottom that is used to open and close it. There’s also a support that keeps the pane in place once the window has been opened so it doesn’t slam shut due to wind gusts.
A hopper window is an ideal choice for areas with limited space that require ventilation, such as garages, attics, bathrooms, and basements. Although their primary purpose may be functional, homeowners still desire hopper windows to look nice. Not to mention, a hopper window should be reliable, durable, and weather resistant.
At GF Sprague, we pride ourselves in offering high quality windows. Not only that, but we also provide professional window installation. We believe in the quality of our work so much that it is backed by a 40 year Workmanship Warranty. Let us help you find the kind of hopper window that fits your home best. We offer free estimates on all our work in Newton, Needham, Wellesley, Chestnut Hill, Weston, Boston, Brookline, Quincy, Watertown, Cambridge and the nearby areas.
Advantages of Using Hopper Replacement Windows:
- They are easy to operate.
- They require little to no maintenance.
- They do not require much hardware.
- Custom sizes are available.
- They are designed for easy window replacement.
- Because of their tight seal, hopper windows do not allow as much air leakage as other types of windows, making them energy efficient.
- They open entirely to maximize ventilation in small spaces.
- They are space-efficient.
- They prevent leaves, dust, and trash from being blown from the ground into your garage.
Disadvantages of Using Hopper Replacement Windows
- The view to the outdoors is limited.
- It is very difficult to install a window air conditioner or window fan in a hopper window.
- It is hard to install a storm screen or insect screen in a hopper window.
- Privacy is limited because it’s difficult to a cover hopper with blinds or other window treatments because of how they open and close.
- They cannot be used while is raining because they will direct water into the house.
- They may be more susceptible to break-ins than other types of windows.
Styles of Hopper Windows
Double hung replacement windows are a popular choice because they are incredibly versatile. There are a variety of different styles and options available. No matter what kind of look a home has, there is usually a style of double hung windows that will work with that particular look.
- Colors: Like all windows, hopper windows come in a variety of colors. This allows homeowners the ability to select the color that will compliment their home best.
- Materials: Hopper windows are available in a variety of materials. Vinyl is the most commonly used material for these windows because of its durability and little maintenance requirement. However, some homeowners prefer wood because of its appearance.
- Features: Some brands of hopper window offer special features. For example, there are hopper windows that use premium-grade acrylic in order to provide privacy while letting in natural light.
- Sizing: Hopper windows come in a variety of sizes. This allows homeowners to find a hopper window to fit the openings in areas of their home with restricted space.