Awning Window Installation in Newton, Needham, Wellesley
Awning windows are popular because of their attractive look, great ventilation, and weather tight construction. These windows are hinged at the top and open outward. They are typically wider than they are tall, and their entire sash opens to provide maximum ventilation.
Awning windows are similar to casement windows, with one primary difference. Casement windows are hinged on the side while awning windows are hinged at the top. Whether a casement window or awning window should be chosen depends on the homeowner's preferences as well as the construction of the home. GF Sprague can help you determine which type of window is ideal for your home.
At GF Sprague, we offer a wide range of high quality awning windows in in Massachusetts. We also pride ourselves in providing top-notch professional window installation. We believe in the quality of our work so much that it is backed by a 40 year Workmanship Warranty. Let our team of professionals help you find replacement awning windows in that fit your home best. Call us today for a free estimate in Newton, Needham, Wellesley, Weston, Chestnut Hill, Brookline, Boston, Cambridge, Quincy, Watertown and the nearby areas.
Advantages of Using Awning Replacement Windows:
- They are designed to provide excellent ventilation.
- They can be placed higher than other types of windows, allowing light and ventilation to enter the home while protecting privacy.
- They provide an uninterrupted view to the outdoors.
- Their weather tight seal protects homes from moisture.
- They also minimize air leakage.
- The tight seal of vinyl awning windows also reduces energy costs.
- They offer an attractive, modern look.
- They are extremely easy to open and close.
- Vinyl awning windows are quite affordable.
- They are available in a variety of styles, colors, and materials.
- They are not likely susceptible to break-ins.
Disadvantages of Using Awning Replacement Windows
- They are not designed to hold air conditioning units.
- They are also not ideal for the use of storm or insect screens.
- They may not be suitable for areas of the home where external walking traffic is high.
- Cleaning may be challenging because of the way replacement awning windows open.
- It may be hard to escape from awning windows in cases of fire or other hazards.