Roof Hail Damage Repair in Newton, Needham, Wellesley
Hail & Storm Repair Services
- Free & thorough inspection of roof for storm damage and roof hail damage.
- Inspection covers roof shingles, gutters, skylights, flashing, vent hoods, vent stacks, chimney caps & chimneys.
- Free estimates for all recommended roof repairs.
- Prompt, expert repair and/or replacement of storm-damaged roof elements.
We respond quickly to repair hail damage and prevent roof leaksThe high winds that often accompany hail storms can cause blow-off damage that should be repaired right away. Hail-damaged roof shingles may not cause a problem for months or years, but it’s wise to call your insurance agent as soon as possible to see if the damage merits roof repair or roofing replacement. We provide free inspections and estimates for hail damage repair in Newton, Needham, Wellesley and surrounding areas throughout Greater Boston. Give us a call or get an online quote today! No matter what Mother Nature throws your way, GF Sprague's roofing services can provide peace of mind and help protect your home against the elements.
How hail can damage your roof
Experience in roof inspections following hail storms has educated roofing contractors and insurance inspectors about how hail damage affects different roofing materials. Not surprisingly, hail damages different roofing materials in different ways.
Roof hail damage can also vary greatly from one part of a house roof to another. This variation is due primarily to the wind that drives the hail. A glancing blow will do less damage than hail that impacts the roof at close to 90 degrees.
- Hail damage to asphalt shingles: Shingles can have broken or cracked tabs, but the most common hail damage takes the form of crushed or dented areas where granules are forced into the shingle mat material or displaced entirely. Since granules protect the shingle from UV degradation, hail dents can result in shortened shingle life. This damage usually qualifies the homeowner for an insurance claim.
- Hail damage to wood shingles: Wood shingles can crack from hail impacts. Cracking will be along the grain, and can cause parts of shingles to break loose.
- Hail damage to slate roofs: Hail impact can crack slates, although cracks tend to be more random than with wood shingles. Some slates may break loose from their fasteners and slide off the roof.